Catholic Church

Mariä Heimsuchung (Visitation of the Virgin Mary)

Around 1670/80 three brothers of Sickingen, had a small chapel built. It was called "Zu unserer lieben Frau". In 1704 the k.u.k. Lieutenant D.P.H. Biot donated the chapel a painting. It showed the "Weinende Madonna von Pötsch" (= crying Madonna of Pötsch, Hungary). You can find the original of the painting in the Stephansdom in Vienna, Austria.
In the course of time a pilgrimage evolved to the painting. Because of that pope Pius VII bestlowed the pilgrims full indulgence at the feast of "Maria Heimsuchung".
The laying of the foundation stone of this parish church was on July 02, 1911.
The old chapel was knocked down in 1916.
Over the years extensive renovations and redecorations took place.

Central office
Kath. Pfarramt Heiliger Namen Jesu
Luitpoldstr. 10
66849 Landstuhl

For emergencies

  • Pastor Andreas König
    mobile: 0176 - 2635 4720
  • Pastor Jörg Stengel
    mobile: 0171 - 486 6094

Office hours

Mon-Thu 09:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Fri 14:00 p.m. - 17:00 p.m.

Parish secretaries

  • Ulrike Mayer
  • Gabriele Meigel
  • Alexandra Heinz
06371 6198950
Eisenbahnstrasse 12
66862 Kindsbach
  • Weinende Madonna von Pötsch