The Pagans’ Stone is a Roman spring sanctuary, which, according to the findings, existed from about the 2nd century AD until about 390. The left rock was already described in 1821, while the figures of the right stone were only discovered by students in 1903, which is why the stone was then turned over. Since written sources are missing, the interpretation of the figures is very difficult. They are probably figures of gods and sacrificers.
According to tradition, the water of the spring is supposed to help with eye ailments. At the foot of the slope, numerous finds suggest a pottery. The finds are in the Historical Museum in Speyer.